Tuesday, February 7, 2012

New Beginning

Having relocated across the world to Melbourne a few years ago, it had come to my attention that I’d shipped over quite a lot of stuff that with hindsight, shouldn’t have made it into the cargo boxes....

My small make do apartment (was only meant to live there for 1 year!) has incrementally become cramped with CLUTTER. Along with fluctuating weight (I’ve lost approx. 7 kgs since moving here), my limited storage space is groaning under the weight of stuff I’ve stockpiled, unnecessarily shipped over & forgotten about or clothes that no longer fit.

This annoys me on an almost daily basis.

2012 is the year I attempt to live more frugally & transition into a more minimalist lifestyle....

I did say attempt – I make no claims of being successful at it!


1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I'm a declutterer, and I live in a tiny house with not much storage so it doesn't take much to get out of control.

    The ridiculous thing is that I moved interstate about 8 years ago with nothing but 3 medium-sized boxes with clothes, some linen I couldn't part with and my daughter's favourite toys. I got rid of EVERYTHING and just had a dream of starting again and only acquiring things I truly loved and being all minimalist and zen and blah blah blah, and yet here I am with a whole new collection of crap. It just mutates!

    ReplyDelete